Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 22, 2012: A full Days Activities in Chicken


June 22, 2012: A full Days Activities in Chicken

Surprisingly the Town of Chicken has a plethora of activities to keep the wayward rver occupied. One can tour the town, one can gold pan at several of the rv parks, one can shop at the town of Chicken, and one can try to taste all the different locally made baked goods . There are other options including having a bottle of local made home brew oh and one I am not going to mention.

So after the usual night of about 2 hours where it gets a little dark like a cloud has covered the sun, I was wide awake at three am. Renita even got up at seven after laying in bed for an hour. We ate breakfast and then it was off to the town of Chicken.

 There are t-shirts here for everyone including one for Chicken University, Go Peckers! We bought ones of a milder vein but that’s just us. We stopped at the diner and my oh my, the cinnamon rolls were so huge that I couldn’t even eat mine.

I tried to pan for gold at the Goldpanner but I didn’t find any so it was time to try the other place in town. There two panners proudly showed us their gold flakes. Renita and I, both being somewhat flaky returned after lunch and paid the eight dollars for four hours of panning.

It was really amazing as one of their Campground Hosts gave a great demonstration on rapid panning and we both improved our techniques. Every pan full of ore had some gold flakes and we quickly spent the afternoon panning and then sucking up the gold into our collection bottles.

Diner time arrived and we went back to the Town CafĂ© for a meal of reindeer brats, poor Rudolph,  and home fries, mild but tasty. I made the mistake of having a piece of the largest blueberry pie and now I can’t move much as I, well I ate too much. Suffice it to say we have had a fun time in Chicken and look forward to tomorrows drive to Tok. Clear skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment