Sunday, August 30, 2020

 


It’s been another crazy week as most of the time has been answering questions about our boat on Facebook's marketplace. We decided to sell it as we are no longer using it enough to justify the storage costs and the time it takes to prepare it for winter.

Still I did find time to go fishing with our friend George, work on some opals and knifes, make a quick trip to Salt Lake City for an annual medical checkup, and work on reorganizing our studio/storage shed. I also received my Cut Slam Award from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department!


The Cut Slam award is earned by catching and releasing the four species of cut throat trout in Wyoming's rivers.After taking pictures of each fish you submit the images on a form along with the date provided and the stream where the fish was caught. Besides the certificate you also get a sticker for you rear window, two congratulation letters and a gold colored medal token from Trout Unlimited. You also start getting trout fishing ads on Facebook. Now we need  Renita to catch her Colorado cut throat and she will get her award.


The boat sold! The worst thing about selling something on the internet is having to answer all the text messages. Still we placed an ad and in the first two weeks had over one thousand looks and numerous shares. We also had offers, the most ridiculous was from one person who offered us his Harley plus four thousand dollars, (we don’t ride and are too old to learn).

Renita was sad to see our boat go but I was relieved. We just were not using it enough and that’s the worst thing you can do for a boat, let it set unused. We did have to spend fifteen hundred dollars for maintenance issues and new batteries. After all the crazy offers, we had three people make serious offers and we took the first one.


Our friends George and Val have spent most of the summer in Colorado and so we had not gone fishing with them. George returned for a few days and we drove to the Greys River. I hooked a nice Snake River cut on my third cast and as I fought it in George also hooked another nice fish! Of course, George ended up out fishing me, seven fish to my two, but that is not unusual.


After swearing I would not make any more knives, (I buy the blades and then make handles of semiprecious stone and mammoth tusk), I found a company that sells Damascas steel blades in a shape that everyone likes, a skinner knife. The knife in the picture has scales, (handles), made from a Wyoming rock named Prairie Tanzanite. Its mined near Riverton, Wyoming.


Everything went well at the doctor visit and now I have one more appointment where I will get chewed out by my cardiologist, (he wants me to lose weight. Its not the first time a doctor will make this suggestion, the problem is this one isn’t overweight like my last doctor.

Oh well, its time to finish this and think about important stuff, like fishing and looking for bears!  Clear skies.

2 comments:

  1. Fish, knives, boat sale and the slam certificate, that is a big week. Stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the fishing photos. Tight lines.

    ReplyDelete