Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Connecticut Wedding and a Family Reunion

The bride walked down the aisle and was given to the groom by her father. Tears welled in many eyes and they exchanged their vows. the vows written by each other and promising to always be at each others side. I thought of my vows ad our wedding and I listened as the minister struggled to describe what marriage is.....
I thought of what I thought our marriage is, about a man clinging to his wife and a wife to her husband. About always being there, about how we have stood besides each other in sickness and in health and I thought of how much the newly weds were in love. It was so obvious that they were really meant for each other.
During the reception we danced and talked and met the families friends. So many have been blessed to be their friends and they have been blessed too. The wedding was the first time in twelve years that my sister, brother and I had been together. it has been too long.
I watched as my brothers wife and family renewed their love for one another. My brothers wife even had an uncle from Quebec and another who had traveled from Norway. Family from Oklahoma, and Florida, from Louisiana and Connecticut and we of course represented Wyoming. Friends from South Dakota and Maine and of course many others from where we do not know.
Later the bride and her father danced and oh my were tears flowing, blessed tears. Later we threw birdseed and helped to carry gifts to our truck to take them to my brothers house, while the bride and groom left on their honeymoon. I wonder if they know how blessed they are, if not they will someday.
Clear skies.

1 comment: