Saturday, June 18, 2011

Persistent Mountain Bluebirds

Just when we thought the problem with the stove vent had been fixed a new problem arose. I was outside working on the truck bed and I noticed a male Mountain bluebird was hovering near our hitch. It soon disappeared into the fifth wheel hitch and sure enough it was building a nest there.
Now I am pretty green but we are leaving Monday and so the bluebirds have to find another place for their nest. I reached in and cleaned out the construction and luckily they hadn’t laid any eggs yet so I just kept at it while they fluttered and displayed their ire!
 The male became extremely agitated and started to fly around me making loud chirps. We both felt bad but not as bad as if we had failed to discover the nest and had hitched and taken off with their eggs in tow.
Being Green one has to draw a line somewhere. If  not now with the bluebirds what’s next, letting a raccoon make a home in our basement, skunks, or even bears? There is no way I am sharing my maple syrup! Clear skies

No comments:

Post a Comment