Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Lights at the Botanical Garden

I had to laugh a bit as I am not sure where the Christmas lights are. The cities all run together here and I am guessing Largo or maybe Clearwater but I do know it was a Botanical Garden. Anyway we visited the Christmas lights with Jenny and Eric
It was fun to walk along the lighted ways. The light displays were quite the sight, as were the plants that they were hung on. There was even a tree called a Christmas Ornament Tree that is covered with flowers, but the blossoms hadn't yet opened.
I had to laugh as there was even a refreshment booth opened that offered funnel cake, which I passed by without purchasing one! Among the trees my favorites were the India Fish Tail Palm and the Screw Pine. Oh and there was a beautiful yellow flowered tree called a Senna, or at least that what my feeble brain remembers.
One of the walkways ended at a pond which had hundreds of little moving lights that resembled fireflies dancing across the landscape. Several palm trees were garlanded with with a light string that appeared to be dripping white light beams.
All in all it was quite well done and the organizers and helpers who set the thing up are to be commended. If we return here next year we will have to visit the garden before the lights are installed as the variety of trees were amazing. Clear skies

1 comment:

  1. The lights look gorgeous! I'm putting mine up tomarrow - they still look funny without snow - c

    ReplyDelete