Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Special Prayer of Thanks to the Firemen, A Fire in Our Rv Park

There are so many people who we all owe thanks to, the police, the emts, and of course to the brave firemen who risk their lives every time they are called out. Waking up early, I  heard sound like a gun going off and wondered who was shooting at 2:30 am.
A short time later I heard a louder explosion and then another and thought of fireworks little realizing what I would see when I opened the door. As soon as I did I saw the fire engulfing motor homes and fifth wheels parked in storage, not far away.
Waking Renita I thought we might have to evacuate but the firemen, police, and emts had already arrived and were fighting the flames trying to keep it from spreading to the rest of the rigs in storage and nearby occupied units. As my eyes adjusted  I saw others outside watching and did see a motor home pull out to get away from the flames.
Luckily the rigs were all empty and the fire was contained. It burned one motor home, ( a forty plus foot Winnebago),, a camper van, a fifth wheel, and a park model and again all were empty. A north wind had blown the smoke away from us and so we along with others who had been closer closer were all safe.
Later we went went to Sunday services and we thanked God for the brave firemen who responded and contained the raging fire. All the firemen were safe and they did their jobs, hopefully they realize they are hero's to the rest of us.
A special Merry Christmas for all who work today making sure we are safe and watching over us. Clear skies

No comments:

Post a Comment