Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dress Day

There are special days in every one's life and one such day is the day when a mother and daughter go out to find a wedding dress. Monday was that special day for Renita and Jenny. They got together with Jens , Maid of Honor, Brandy and the first dress they saw was Renita's.
We had carefully carried the boxed dress to Florida,(stored after our wedding forty four years ago), in a forever box. It was supposed to resist all outside influences and it hadn't been open in all that time. Opening it up, there were a few small spots, but the dress still looked as beautiful as the day Renita wore it.
Examining the colors and materials they came up with some ideas to incorporate into Jen and Eric's wedding, (August. 2016). Then after taking some pictures I said goodbye and wished them luck as they went off to several dress appointments. I did hand Renita a box of Kleenex as crying was a prerequisite for the days activities.
Five hours later I got a call form Renita. They were at a beach bar resting after the days successful shopping expedition. They told me stories of all the dresses Jennifer had tried on and of course I could only nod my head as I had no clue as to what they were talking about.
It was all good however as they told of how Jen had found the dress. How she had looked great in many of the dresses she had tried on but how her eyes had shone when she found the one. No I never did see it and they hid it from Eric as he joined us for dinner.
Now I can only imagine and  I so look forward to that special moment in time when I walk my daughter down the aisle, (and I must not cry). I have been truly blessed. Clear skies

2 comments:

  1. Nice story. Nanc had the saw story with her forever box. When she opened it for her niece it looked like it had never been cleaned and they really expected it to stay in the box forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me teary just reading this! C

    ReplyDelete