Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Obsessed With Stone and Wire

We have been so obsessed with stone and wire and that I haven't written anything for a while. Each day we get up and wrap finished cabochons, often times as pendents but sometimes as bracelets or necklaces. Each piece is different as the stone we are working is superb and unique and so today I am not going to write much more just share our new treasures.
Above, is a superb amethyst and silver bracelet I made Renita for Valentines Day. The stone is from a Colorado silver mine, long closed, and it shows bands of amethyst, chalcedony, and a rare band of pink rhodonite. It contains over an ounce of silver and is the heaviest piece we have ever made.
Sometimes you cut and grind a stone and magic appears before your eyes. In this case the two so looked like eyes that I had to wrap them into a single necklace. What could be more fitting for two eyes that came from the same Montana Moss Agate!

Renita works and grinds her stones, in some ways better then mine and then she wraps it in her own unique and beautiful style. She often finds rock while we are rock picking, in this case King Cobra Jasper, that I dismiss as boring and she says nothing until I admit I was wrong again. I don't mind being wrong and I always buy any rock she picks.
So the days have flown, as they do when you are retired from your past life and now embarked on a grand adventure. Our days happen to involve rock and wire and there are worse obsessions one could have. Clear skies

1 comment: