Friday, April 17, 2015

A Painted Bunting At Grand Isle State Park

Dave and Jane were getting ready to go to the store and so I walked over to talk with them when Dave spotted a painted bunting!
I hurried back to tell Renita and to my surprise it stayed there and fed. Jane and I took image after image and before too long I had over three hundred shots!
Its a new bird on all of our life lists and one we have hoped to see for years. Finally one stopped right behind our campsites.
It fed on grass seeds and even ate some while hovering! Its amazing how a great camera can make anyone look like a great photographer, (ok a pretty good one).
Between shots a frigate bird flew over, They are called rain birds here and it was no surprise as the heavy rains last night.flooded some of the campground.
What a beautiful bird and what a blessing to the day! Clear skies.

1 comment: